Benefits of Membership:
- Members attend CREW events at reduced membership prices.
- Members are invited to exclusive members-only events.
- Members receive the CREW Network weekly e-newsletter, including upcoming events and listing of the most current job bank openings as well as articles of interest about commercial real estate from around the country.
- Members receive access to CREWbiz: CREW Network’s online business networking tool, membership directory and personal marketing profile which can be used to promote your skills and expertise to our member base of more than 12,000 professionals globally.
- Members may attend CREW Network events, including the annual convention, at deeply discounted member rates.
Membership Qualifications and Categories:
Prior to submission of your membership application and in order to be considered for membership you must:
- Attend at least one (1) meeting of CREW Coastal Vriginia.
- Receive sponsorship from two (2) current CREW Coastal Virginia members.
- Meet the requirements of one of the following membership categories:
Full Members are persons of good character and reputation whose primary income is derived as a professional in a qualified field of commercial real estate. Applicants shall have at least five (5) years experience in said qualified field. The determination as to whether a person meets the membership qualifications set forth herein shall be made by the Board of Directors, in its sole discretion.
Candidate Members must meet the same qualifications as a Full Member, but have more than six (6) months and less than five (5) years of experience.
Must directly support the commercial real estate industry and have a minimum of (5) consecutive years of experience within the industry.
Civic Members are professionals who qualify for Full Member status and are employed by a local or regional government, public agency such as an economic development or redevelopment authority, planning department, or professional educator. (Civic members receive a discounted dues rate.)
Are enrolled in a full time undergraduate program (minimum 12 credits per semester) at an accredited college, university, or educational institution, and are pursuing a concentration related to a commercial real estate related activity. The student category of membership will not have voting rights.
Emeritus members are professionals that have worked in the commercial real estate industry and have recently retired.
2022 Annual Member Dues:
Full / Candidate / Affiliate Membership / Retired: $365 or $240 for new members joining after July 1st
Civic Membership: $250 or $180 for new members joining after July 1st
Student Membership: $105
CREW memberships are based on a calendar year, and expire on December 31 of each year.
Memberships are individual, not corporate. Memberships are not transferable from person to person, either within a company or otherwise.
Membership dues are non-refundable and must be paid prior to activation of membership.
Membership dues are not deductible as charitable contributions for federal income tax purposes, but may be deductible as business expenses. Consult your tax advisor.